15 February 2010

We had a wonderful Valentine's weekend!

On Saturday we took a trip to BJ's to stock up on a few things. Afterwards we went down to the car show cause I had free passes from work. We walked around for a while, nothing too exciting this year with one exception. They had a special Transformer's edition of the Chevy Camero... so pretty! It looks just like the car from the movies, right down to the little symbol thing on the steering wheel. Steven lingered for a while... After the car show we went over to Dwight and Tara's for dinner, which was delicious! We had such a good time hanging out with them and their new puppy.

For Valentines day itself we got up and put a breakfast casserole in the oven that we had prepared the night before. Then we commenced to spending the day being lazy, watching tv and taking a nap. For dinner we made Mexican cheese fondue... oh, so good! We cut up some bell peppers, and foccacia type bread, and grilled a steak for dipping. We set it up picnic style on the floor, lit all the candles and watched a movie. Perfect!

And then while we were cleaning everything up I went to put the indoor grill away. Then the sleeve of my robe got caught on the door knob. I lost my grip. The grill plummeted to the floor. The handles of the grill plates shattered. It would seem that Steven and I are unable to cook a romantic dinner without something disastrous happening. Maybe we should stop... then again, maybe not... it makes life more interesting!

2 comments:

Steven & Kimberly said...

love it! We spent Valentines Day the same way.... and I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

Court said...

Me neither! It was stress free and wonderful!