First of all, I had my wisdom teeth out last week. Thankfully God only graced me with two on the top and they had enough space to grow in, so they weren't impacted! Even still, the experience was HORRIBLE. To start with, when starting the IV (I was put to sleep) they couldn't find my vein for some reason. Sidebar: I don't have difficult veins to find, no one has ever ever never ever never had a problem "finding" my veins. They are big and blue and you can see them through my skin, it ain't hard people! Okay back to my story, they tried my right arm - didn't work. Then they tried my right hand and hurt me so bad that I bruised, that would be about the time that I started screaming. Finally they got it to go in my left arm! Craziness, just craziness! Then, as if this day wasn't already bad enough, I WOKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!! I mean, really?! Are you kidding me?! I've been put to sleep for procedures twice before this and I NEVER woke up during those. I was mortified, petrified, angry, hysterical, you name it. I remember hearing them crack my teeth into pieces and me trying to scream. Then I think I went back to sleep cause the next thing I remember, Steven was coming back to get me and I was hysterically yelling at anyone within earshot. Not a pleasant day. Oh, and on top of all that my jaw hasn't been able to open wider than the width of my thumb all week. Lovely. I'm going back today for my follow-up appointment ... it should be an interesting visit.
I recently added a new freelance client! So now I'm doing projects for a hand therapist whose running her own continuing education business. Done one project so far and there are several more on the list. I'm really excited about this new opportunity! Hopefully it opens the door to adding another client in the near future. In the past week, I have talked on the phone with someone very interested in wedding invitations, had an inquiry from another lady about invitations, and I just got an order this morning for graduation announcements! Praying that this trend continues!
Steven and I had the opportunity to attend a military banquet a few weeks ago. Steven nominated John, his boss at Shell, for an award that is given out by the ESGR (I don't know the exact translation for the acronym, I apologize). The gist of it is this: employees who are also members of the Guard and Reserve nominate their employers for this award if their employers have gone above and beyond in supporting the fact that they have an employee also in the military. Hundreds of businesses get nominated across the state, so Steven didn't think they would pick his nomination but they did! Eastgate Shell was one of I think 50 companies in the state of North Carolina to receive the award this year. So Steven and I as well as John and his wife traveled to Greensboro for a weekend. They had a beautiful and delishous banquet, even had a Army brass quintet playing! There was also quite a few officers in attendance, more than we expected. The main speaker for the evening was the Commander of the ENTIRE Army Reserve. So of course, Steven just HAD to go and say hello. He was extremely nice and even let us take a picture with him! I'll post pictures later, they happen to be on the home computer. We had a wonderful time!
Okay, I think I've hit all the major points. Hopefully it won't take me another month and a half to update again!
No comments:
Post a Comment