12 February 2010

It's day five of Valentine's week extraordinaire!

A little backstory to this one. Steven loves to take me out to dinner. Not even kidding. But, if you know me then you know that I am the definition of a tight-wad. So rarely do I let him take me out to dinner because I just find it way to expensive. This year, we both agreed to skip the whole fancy over-priced dinner thing and make our own fancy dinner together at home for Valentine's day. I'm actually quite excited about that, but I digress...

Steven gets home several hours before I do today. So I bought a card that basically says there are two kinds of love: the chocolate and roses kind and the I'll empty the dishwasher kind; and I am so thankful that we have both. And I made a surprise reservation for just a casual dinner out tonight, just because. So I left the card where he would find it and wrote a note on the envelope letting him know to be ready to leave for dinner when I got home.

No comments: