We had a wonderful snowed-in weekend! It was so nice to be lazy around the house for two days straight and do nothing but watch tv and play games. Our schedules don't permit a whole lot of alone time so it was nice to get a whole weekend of it.
But now it's back to the grind... sadly.
Steven is still working out at the gym with Dwight whenever possible, trying to get in the best shape possible before joining the Special Forces. He was doing great to start with but now he's doing even better. Seriously, the stuff he can do amazes me!
The second car is wonderful! Steven has been having so much fun adding on to it. He and his dad spent a weekend replacing ALL the led lights in the dash so now everything lights up this real pretty blue. He also got some sort of new gear shifter and these pretty silver plates for the peddles. Oh yeah and some sort of springs that lowered the car like an inch. It looks quite nice and he can't wait to do more to it.
I have been trying to decide if and how I can move production for my stationery business from an outside printer to doing it myself. It would cut production costs in at least half which means I could lower prices just a tad and still make a bigger profit than I am now. I think I have a paper company lined up, hoping to order samples this week before I make a final decision. The only thing left is to buy a good printer. Easier said than done let me tell you! The printer that I want... eventually... costs well over $1,300. No I wasn't kidding. So my task is to find a less expensive printer to use for a few years that will still do the quality job that I want/need. I've also started the process of designing a website, a real one. Right now I'm doing research. Looking at other sites of stationery companies or graphic designers and deciding what I like/don't like, what works and doesn't work and then incorporating those findings into a design for myself. I know that one day (meaning after we start having kids) this and freelancing will be my only form of income because as a mom I will refuse to work outside the home. So I'm trying to do the best I can to make this a successful business, I want to help Steven as much as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment