06 January 2010

Sorry about not having in pictures yet, we haven't been home in the daylight to take any!

Well, after much waiting my car is now officially owned and operated by me! My dad signed the title over to me this morning and as soon as I added it to my insurance policy I went straight to the DMV to get a new title made out in my name. I am so so very thankful that my dad was able to buy (and completely pay for) my car. I probably wouldn't have one right now if it wasn't for him!

So over the course of two months the Volker household has gone from officially owning one motorcycle to officially owning nothing to officially owning two cars! Crazy.

In other news... Steven has recently made a new friend at work. His name is Dwight and he used to be in the Navy but currently is in the National Guard. He, like Steven, is about to join the Special Forces. I think it has been really nice for Steven to have a friend that he can talk to about that, because while there are quite a few people who have been or are in the Army there are very few who have been or are in the Special Forces. They have been doing workouts together, trying to get in better shape before going to training! Dwight and his wife, Tara, also invited us over for dinner the other night. We had a really great time! I currently don't know any other Army wives, so to meet someone who not only is about to become a Special Forces wife like me, but has also been a military wife for quite a few years was really very encouraging. We didn't talk about a whole lot but I still felt like she understood me, and my life, and what I have to (and will have to) go through. I am hoping that we get the chance to hang out with them a lot more in the near future!

No comments: