08 September 2009

Well we had a tiny issue this holiday weekend. Steven started feeling bad Friday night and then Saturday evening started running a fever of 101.5, fun right?! Sunday morning he still had a fever but we managed to bring it down to normal after several rounds of tylenol (sp?) and he was feeling better. But then while we were out on the lake his fever spiked again to 102.5. He was wrapped up in a blanket, it wasn't cold outside, I felt so bad for him. It took several more rounds of tylenol but I finally got that fever to start breaking around 11:30 and was able to go to bed. Then Labor Day rolled around, and he woke up with no fever at all and insisting he was fine. I didn't believe him, and took him to the urgent care anyway (which ended up being smart because his fever spiked again while we were there). After almost THREE hours at the urgent care and multiple tests and a steroid shot to reduce swelling in his throat we learn that he doesn't have the flu, strep throat, or mono. "But you're definately sick and contagious for 24 hours" were the doctor's exact words. So we cancelled all our plans for the day, much to Steven's dismay. I went to the pharmacy, picked up all his favorite "sick" foods, and played nurse for the rest of the day. It was actually quite nice to just pile on the couch, be lazy, and watch tv all day with him. It sucked for him I'm sure, being sick and all, but it was still nice.

He conviently had the day off today as well which ended up being nice for him. I left for work giving him strict instructions to stay in bed or the couch and watch tv/movies, play video games, and do homework all day. Did he listen to me? Of course not! He doesn't like being a patient, I pretty much have to force him to be one. And since I'm not there to force him, he's ignoring me and cleaning the apartment. Which I admit, is very nice of him to do so. But still, he deserves to be lazy for one more day!

No comments: