15 September 2009

Well I finally did it today, I finally called and talked to the Special Forces recruiter myself! I was never really worried or upset about Steven joing the SF but I just had so many questions and never could find answers. So I called the man, and got a lot of information that I didn't know before, and that surprisingly makes me feel TONS better about this whole decision!

First off, we were under the impression that SF training lasted for two years. Yeah, I know! But as it turns out it's only going to last between 52 and 56 weeks. Hooray!

Training is divided into five phases. During phases 1, 3, and 5 he'll be gone the whole time and I won't be able to talk to him. BUT, during phases 2 and 4 he gets to come home every night!! I thought he was going to be gone for the entire length of training so this is AWESOME news!

Also, wherever we get stationed once his training is finished is where we'll stay until his contract is up. SF soliders don't get moved around like everyone does.

Now that we have more info, we have a lot of decisions to start making! For example, are we going to move closer to Bragg while he's in training or stay where we are and he can drive the hour there and back every day. And are we going to try and find him a car so that he doesn't have to ride his motorcycle and I don't have to take him/pick him up. Also where do we prefer to be stationed at, cause we at least get a chance to voice our opinion. It'll be an interesting next couple of months!

Anyway, I just wanted to share all my new information. I feel like now that my questions have been answered and I know a little more, I can really be the supportive wife that I need to be in order for him to make it through this training.

3 comments:

Steven & Kimberly said...

I am so glad that you got to talk to that guy. I know it must have made you feel SO much better about it all. I cannot wait to see you guys again. If you're looking for a car, you can buy my old one. It's not the prettiest car, but it runs really nice....we had a lot of work done on it when I left. Love you guys!

Kimberly

Court said...

I do feel much better! I'm actually kinda excited now! If we buy a temp car it'll be Steven's decision but how much are you/your parents selling it for? I'll pass the info along to him and see what he thinks. We're still in limbo stage on that one!

Steven & Kimberly said...

Um, I'm honestly not sure right now. If you want, you can message my mom n facebook. I told her to take care of selling it, haha. Sorry for the delayed response, it doesn't tell me when people respond to what I write, haha.