01 December 2010

1000 Things...

So I got this idea from some friends and it sounds like fun. Since it's mostly family and friends that read this blog, I thought it be interesting to see if I could come up with facts about me/us that yall didn't know. So here goes...

1. My legal name is Courtney Michelle Volker.

2. I did not keep my maiden name after getting married. My parents named me Courtney Michelle for a reason and Courtney Michelle it shall stay.

3. My last name used to be Gravley. No one ever could spell or say it correctly.

4. Growing up my nickname was Courky, my family still calls me that sometimes.

5. When I got older my friends starting calling me Court.

6. When I'm lazy I sign emails that way.

7. My husband's name is Steven Richard, not Steve or Steve-o, it's Steven.

8. He thinks he name sounds kingly.

9. Speaking of kings that's how he wants to be buried, like an ancient king. Burned on a pyre of fire in the woods.

10. When I was little and playing pretend, my pretend boyfriend's name was always Steven. Not even lying.

11. My birth certificate says Atlanta, GA.

12. Almost my entire extended family lives in Dalton, GA.

13. Even though we moved to NC when I was three, I still feel like GA is where I'm from.

14. I love North Carolina, I think it's the prettiest state.

15. Steven is from Texas and proud of it.

16. If he had it his way, we'd be living there right now.

17. Take the road to the edge of town and drive another 15-20 minutes and that is where I would ideally like to live.

18. I hate the hustle and bustle of the city.

19. I could live in a one stop light town and be perfectly happy.

20. When Steven retires we want to build a house.

21. Steven wants a basement with a bunker and a gun collection.

22. Don't tell him, but he's not getting said bunker.

23. I love moving.

24. I get restless after a few years and need new surroundings.

25. I guess that makes me a good military wife. :)

26. Out of all the stateside bases with Special Forces units I like Fort Campbell, KY the best.

27. That's probably because I can afford a better house there.

28. I would live at the bases overseas in a heartbeat.

29. Steven's short term goal is to join the Special Forces.

30. His long term goal is to become a commissioned officer and climb as high as he can.

31. He wants two kids, I want three... we'll see who wins.

32. He only wants two kids so that he can take his family on vacations or out to eat, etc. without it being a financial burden.

33. I graduated college in 3 years.

34. Steven takes classes online when he has time. It might take him 10 years, haha, but at least he's working it.

35. I have a Bachelor's degree in Visual Communication Arts.

36. I hated school, I wanted to work, and I don't regret getting out early.

37. There's only one college friend that I still talk as much as I can to, her name is Jess. 

38. I still talk to/see friends from high school.

39. One of my best friends, I've known since fifth grade. Her name is Kimberly and she's awesome.

40. We roomed together for a short time in college and contrary to the stereotype, we're still friends.

41. Steven and I went on a cruise this past summer, it was his first one and my third.

42. I got sick and had to see the on board doctor.

43. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon and had a blast. It was his first time and my third. (I'm sensing a pattern...)

44. I got sick then too. On the last day I got an ear infection but didn't know that's what it was until the plane ride home. Felt like someone stabbed an ice pick in my eardrum, it was less than fun.

45. The only vacation that I didn't get sick on so far was our first anniversary trip to Gatlinburg.

46. We've been married for two years and love it.

47. On our first anniversary, we had a mouse in our apartment. I caught it with peanut butter.

48. While I was trying to catch a mouse, Steven was making a delicious dinner.

49. He's actually a wonderful cook, but not a good baker.

50. He also has the ability to smoke up the kitchen without burning anything. It's an art.

51. I can make biscuits from scratch with no recipe... thank you Mom!

52. I can't eat certain foods because they give me migraines.

53. Mainly that means sugary things and things with lots of msg.

54. Despite that fact, there is always... and I mean always, ice cream in our freezer.

55. Steven eats ice cream, or something sweet, at least once every day.

56. But he doesn't gain a single pound, it's disgusting really.

57. Even though I can't eat a lot of it, sometimes I get in baking moods.

58. I don't know how to turn on our grill.

59. Cleaning the kitchen sink makes me gag.

60. Now that we have a townhouse my new least favorite chore is vacuuming the stairs.

61. I can get almost anything out of carpet. Mud, paint, coffee, sweet and sour sauce...

62. The above statement may be a slight exaggeration but seriously, I am skilled at carpet cleaning.

63. Speaking of coffee, I drink it everyday.

64. Sometimes twice a day.

65. You pretty much can't speak to me in the morning until I've had at least one cup.

66. It drives Steven crazy because he's a morning person. I... am not.

67. This is usually how our Saturday morning goes down - Steven: "Good morning!", Courtney: "Coffee.", Steven: "Good morning!", Courtney: "You are way to happy."

68. I jumped up and down when they discovered that it was okay for pregnant women to have one cup of coffee a day.

69. The bolder the coffee the better.

70. We used to outright own a motorcycle.

71. I say we because it wasn't paid off till I took over the finances.

72. For a year and half it was Steven's only vehicle.

73. Yes, I used to ride it. But only occassionly.

74. My helmet is pink, I look like a power ranger when I wear it.

75. Steven had to lay the bike down to avoid a driver with a stupid sign.

76. Later we found out it was totalled.

77. He decided to buy a car instead of replacing the motorcycle.

78. We will outright own the new car in January.

79. When we pay off the car we will be debt free!

80. I actually wouldn't mind if Steven got another motorcycle in the future.

81. When our children are old enough to drive, Steven wants each of them to help him build/rebuild a car instead of us just buying them one.

82. I am driving my car until it dies. When it does I want a cross-over SUV.

83. I have chronic migraines, and I have had them for as long as I can remember. 

84. They weren't diagnosed until I was 16 or 17.

85. I have literally tried every migraine prescription there is to date. Nothing works.

86. After tracking them for several years, we discovered I get 6-12 in a month.

87. Despite that, I hate taking the pain medication.

88. It makes me feel like I'm just watching my life instead of living it.

89. Even though I have perfect blood pressure, I currently take a blood pressure medication.

90. It's supposed to help lessen the intensity and frequency of migraines.

91. I'm still getting them but the space between them is longer and I feel better in the spaces than I did before.

92. I cut Steven's hair. It's like sheering a sheep.

93. Christmas is my favorite holiday.

94. I'm a frugal person, but Christmas decorations are my weakness.

95. I start listening to holiday music at the beginning of November.

96. Steven requires that we have a real Christmas tree. Which is just fine with me!

97. Steven's birthday is three days before Christmas. He hates it, with a passion.

98. We are both allergic to cats. I'm worse than he is though.

99. Steven will eat anything except pretzels.

100. I have a collection of miniature navities from different countries or made in unique ways.

2 comments:

Steven & Kimberly said...

I LOVED reading this. It made me smile...and laugh some :-)

We must catch up soon! I was just thinking how I should call you today but wasn't sure if you would be at work still, haha!

Steven & Kimberly said...

Wait, my comment disappeared.Weird. Okay, it'll probably reappear later but if not, I miss you. This list gave me the biggest smile to reread it. Yes, this is my 2nd comment on the same list :-D