02 December 2010

1000 Things... cont'd

Now let's see if I can do this without repeating myself...

101. I collect postcards. I have have at least one or two from every place or destination that I have ever visited.

102. People who know that about me sometimes send me postcards from places that they have visited.

103. The collection fills one and a half shoeboxes.

104. Steven is fasinated by antique maps.

105. My favorite animals are frogs. Yes, frogs.

106. I have been known to chase after and catch them.

107. We used to have three tree frogs as pets.

108. My favorite one was named George.

109. They all died tragically.

110. When we have the money we plan on buying a new frog family.

111. I am a pianist.

112. I have played in three weddings.

113. In college, I minored in piano performance.

114. Steven played the trumpet through school.

115. He was so good that he played with the NC Symphony on a few occasions.

116. Now the trumpet sits, unplayed, on a shelf in the closet.

117. I really wish he would start playing again. He is just that good.

118. I have a soft spot for trumpet players. Both my dad and brother also play.

119. If our children are not musically inclined I will be very disappointed.

120. When we build a house I want a sitting room with a baby grand piano. A Baldwin baby grand piano.

121. Steven's favorite phrase is "Adapt and Overcome."

122. A majority of the time my name is "Princessa" or "Beautiful" to Steven.

123. I am the very proud wife of an American Soldier.

124. I flew to Oklahoma with his parents for his Graduation from Basic Training. In Februrary. It was freezing.

125. Steven joined the Reserves first so that he could marry me.

126. He took me to the jeweler before he left for BCT and let me design my own ring.

127. He didn't propose until after he got back.

128. My diamond came from Israel. I think that is freaking cool.

129. I have a love affair with raspberries.

130. And yogurt, I eat it every morning. Every. Morning.

131. I have had atopic dermatitis (a type of eczema) for years and didn't know it until this past summer when I went to the dermatologist.

132. It only occurs on my hands and feet. And it looks like poison oak but obviously, it's not.

133. Apparently it flares due to allergies and heat. So on our cruise, to Mexico, in the summer... my hands looked like I had a disease.

134. Now I have to put this special lotion on my hands and feet every time I take a shower or wash my hands.

135. Steven is picky about what shampoo and conditioner we use.

136. So picky in fact, that I have to take him to the store to pick it out. Otherwise, I'll buy the wrong thing.

137. This is ironic because he has no hair.

138. He can smell a person's hair and know by the scent what brand of shampoo they use.

139. Steven is a huge Harry Potter fan.

140. He has drug me along to many a midnight premier.

141. I have all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls.

142. I could probably quote a majority of it.

143. Steven has a list of movies called "The Man List." Consisting of things such as: Gladiator, Braveheart, Robin Hood, etc.

144. Viggo Mortensen and Johnny Depp are my favorite actors.

145. The most watched movie in the Volker house is The Count of Monte Cristo. Usually it is Steven who picks it out.

146. When I was little I had a black tooth.

147. This was a result of falling on the sidewalk and killing all the nerves.

148. I have never broken any bones.

149. Steven has.

150. I have a functional heart murmer. I've had it since I was born.

151. It fascinates Steven, he likes to listen to it.

152. I can tell when a new doctor hasn't read my chart competely, cause they freak out for a second.

153. The fact that they can miss a piece of information like that while skimming a chart kind of scares me.

154. I have been to the emergency room.

155. I smashed my fingers in between a boat and the dock.

156. Had to have an x-ray too.

157. Steven had appendicitis his senior year of high school.

158. He "had a cramp" and to him that was cause for a doctor's visit.

159. Since they caught it so early he had trichotomy appendectomy.

160. He rarely ever gets sick.

161. When he does it's always something strange.

162. Like the pig flu for example.

163. I had walking pnuemonia at least once a year growing up.

164. I try to drink half my weight in ounces of water every day.

165. If I don't stay hydrated I'll get a migraine.

166. Steven loves the water.

167. Me, not so much.

168. I can't swim.

169. I don't like getting my face wet. Not even in the shower.

170. That is one of the biggest reasons why I was terrified of being baptised.

171. It all drives Steven insane.

172. I am an introvert.

173. Steven, very much an extrovert.

174. I have a tendancy to act like an extrovert around our friends and family.

175. But this only lasts so long and then I crash for a few days. I don't talk, don't do social events, nothing.

176. This is usually why the car ride home from Georgia is very quite.

177. I didn't meet my father-in-law's parents until the day before our wedding.

178. I didn't meet my mother-in-law's father until a few months ago.

179. Other than his grandparents, an aunt and two uncles, I have never meet his extended family.

180. He has met almost all of mine.

181. Steven likes to fall asleep to music, usually something along the lines of Enya.

182. Now, when he's gone, I can't sleep without it.

183. I have a copy of his dogtag that I like to wear while he's away too.

184. I LOVE getting cards and letters in the mail.

185. There's a stack four or five inches high, tied together with a ribbon, of letters that Steven wrote to me while in Basic Training because he could only use the phone once a week.

186. My idea of camping is a multiple room tent, in a campgound with power hookups and restrooms, and an air mattress.

187. Steven's idea of camping is carrying everything in a backpack way out into the woods.

188. For obvious reasons we have never been camping together.

189. I have had not one but three oral surgeries.

190. Steven has perfect teeth.

191. And better than perfect vision.

192. I on the other hand, am practically blind without my contacts/glasses.

193. I pray often that our children get his teeth and eyesight.

194. I cannot kill roaches.

195. I have been known to keep an eye on them until Steven got home so he could kill them.

196. Camel crickets scare me, I usually run as far away as possible.

197. I always have my toenails painted. Always.

198. I hate the cold.

199. Seriously, Virginia was too cold for me.

200. Steven on the other hand loves it.

No comments: