29 April 2010

Veritas et Libertas

We recently got some new Special Forces information. I'm not really clear on the chain, but I THINK Steven talked to a friend at work who has a brother that's in the Special Forces and that's how we came about our new info, or something like that. Either way, this guy who is in SF emailed Steven some information about training and what not. The header at the top of the document states that it comes from the command center at Fort Bragg so I think it's probably the most reliable source we've found yet. We added up all the weeks last night for each individual phase and it came out to being about a year long, which is about 6-12 months shorter than we thought. Like I said, don't know the accuracy, since everything we look at says something different I don't think we're going to know anything for sure until he's actually there. So I guess instead of planning on him being gone for a year and half - two years, we have start thinking that he'll be gone a year - a year and half. To be honest, I like that a lot better! However, this guy did confirm what the recruiter had told me several months ago. That during certain phases (the longest phases) Steven will get to come home nearly every weekend. That will make this way way way easier for me (and him too even though he won't admit it). So I guess you could say we got some good news last night about SF!

No comments: