I'm not even kidding! You've all seen a Picasso painting at one point or another, where every element is skewed and moved into a different seemingly irrelevant place. Well that's what my life feels like sometimes: a crazy, hectic, out of order Picasso painting. Yet somehow, through all the craziness everything still makes sense and upon closer inspection is even still beautiful. (Picasso is one of my favorite painters... can you tell?)
I went to the doctor last week for my annual migraine check up. My doctor and I decided to switch my medicine up a bit, track the migraines for another couple months and then get back together to talk and about possibly changing my medication further. (Back story... Before graduating college, knowing that I would be without insurance for an unknown amount of time, my mom stockpiled my current migraine medication. It was also about that time that I decided to only take the medication if I was in crazy pain, which for normal people would be unbearable-going to the doctor kind of pain. I hate the medicine so much so that I would rather be in pain than take it, that's how weird it makes me feel. So my medication has lasted me up until this point and I haven't had to buy any on my own insurance plan.) So of course, the pharmacy calls me to say that my insurance company is refusing to pay for the migraine medicine... joy... and it's two hundred dollars for nine pills... two... hundred... dollars... nine pills... umm, you can imagine my freak out. Steven and I both called the insurance company to find out that they have a short list of "preferred medications" that are cheaper and they would rather I take those instead. Both of which I have taken in the past and they do diddly squat. When we told them that those basically weren't an option so they'd have to do better, they told us to have my doctor send in some sort of waiver thingy asking them to pay for this new one instead. Wonderful. The battle is still raging, I'll let you know how it ends, hopefully soon.
My grandparents came to visit this past weekend in celebration of mine and my brother's birthdays! They took us shopping and I ended up with several new clothing items. We had a lot of fun, I always enjoy seeing them!
The NC Art Museum re-opened this past weekend too. Steven and I went down to see the new building Sunday after church. It was so amazing! They've built it in such a way to utilize natural lighting without the light harming the artwork. It was probably the brightest and cheeriest art gallery I've been in, it was really neat to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment