23 November 2009

We had a wonderful vacation but I think I will post about it later once I get the pictures off my camera and onto the computer. Hopefully tonight!

I did want to share an Anniversary story though. I know that you're probably thinking I am about share some sappy story or whatever. Oh, but no, trust me this is good!

Lets start at the beginning. Yesterday was Steven and I's first Anniversary and instead of going out to dinner and spending a fortune we decided to cook a nice dinner at home. Steven wanted to make it himself and he wanted to make something we don't have often, steak. So we went to the Earth Fare store to get some really nice steaks amongst other ingredients and upon returning home he started dinner. That was all simply background, now we get to the good part. Okay, so we keep our trash can in the laundry room and while we're cooking we just leave the door open for easy access. Well I was in the kitchen for some reason that I can't recal and Steven went to go throw something away. I looked over at him and saw something (well not "something," I knew exactly what it was but just hold on) scurry from behind the trash can back towards the dryer. So in the calmest voice I could muster (cause he hates it when I scream and freak out) I said "Steven, there's a mouse in there, I swear to you I just saw mouse, he headed back for the dryer." Of COURSE, he didn't believe me and thought I was making it up or seeing things. But like a good little husband he started looking for it mainly to appease me. Well, he moved things around and hit the dryer to make noise but... no mouse. However, we keep our plastic bags between the wall and the dryer and when Steven pulled them out to get a better look... SURPRISE!! The mouse came from, not sure where, and landed on his leg which startled him (he won't admit that he jumped back, but he did, probably at the sheer shock that I was actually correct in saying I had seen a mouse). But his being startled, startled me, which startled him more which allowed the mouse time to run away into the living room and disappear. I decided he had gone under the couch but neither he nor I was willing to start pulling things out from under it in order to look for fear that he would run out directly at us.

Since I could not spend my entire Anniversary evening perched on the top of a chair, I grabbed my purse and headed down the street to Lowe's to find a mouse trap... or two. When I got home the mouse still had not made a reappearance so we baited the traps with peanut butter, breaking one in the process. Steven set the only working one and I put it next to the couch (because I was still convinced he was under there). Satisfied that eventually the mouse would be caught I sat down to enjoy my evening. Not even 15 mintues later we heard the trap snap!! Are you kidding me? That was some hungry mouse!

Again, like a good little husband Steven disgarded of the mouse for me. Problem was though, the trap didn't catch it's neck like it's supposed to. Instead it caught it about halfway down it's body, so the poor thing was still moving around. In fear that it would suddenly come back to life (I might have been slightly irrational) I made Steven make sure he was dead. So he took a knife to it and then took it outside. We re-set the trap in case there were more we couldn't see but so far there have been none. I also called the office this morning begging for them to call out the maintence guys to look in the laundry room for any sort of hole that he could have crawled through that they could plug. I didn't have to beg much though cause I think the office was just as worried about having a mouse in one their buildings as I was. So they're supposed to come out soon and search.

My mom's comment to all this was that since we went to Disney World for our honeymoon, Mickey Mouse decided to come visit us for our Anniversary. Thanks, I could have done without that visit though. Anyway, that was my not so fun at the time but kinda funny now story of the day. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Steven & Kimberly said...

oh my goodness, this is the funniest thing I think I've heard all day! At least you caught the sucker...when we lived in the mountains we use to have to have tons of mouse traps set and ready to go because they would come in your house all winter looking for some heat!