28 November 2009

It's our second Christmas together! Christmas is more fun this year because I've had a whole year to decorate and make our apartment feel like home. Which makes all the new ornaments and decorations we have acquired feel more festive. Last night we went to pick out our our second Christmas tree and this is what we came home with:

This is pre-decorated obviously. And yes, it is REAL! It is just not Christmas without a real tree, sorry.

I was waiting for Steven to finish his homework so we could decorate so I put hooks in all our ornaments and set them out on the table. I understand that might qualify me for dork status.

This is our newly acquired angel. I had very strict criteria for a Christmas tree angel. For example: red dress - no white, or tulle, or flimsy fabrics; absolutely positively no angels holding little light bulbs or with fiber optic wings - sorry, it drives me crazy. So you can imagine why I have found finding an angel so difficult. But while we were on vacation we went to this HUGE Christmas store (I was in Heaven). When we wandered by the angel display I stopped to look and there she was, just sitting there, the only one like her and the only one left. I literally bought her off the shelf, no box or anything. I pointed at her and said "Steven, that's her. I don't care what she costs, that's the one I want." So he let me get her and now my tree is complete! She looks a little big in the next picture but it's only because our tree is like four and a half feet tall!

This is our fully decorated beautiful Christmas tree!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! Christmas!