Yesterday was my surprise outing for Steven. He has been so stressed out, tired, and working so hard lately that I decided to use a little of my hard earned money to take him to the Spa. So I called about a month ago to book an appointment and found out that this week all services were 25% off. Score! So I booked both of us a one hour Swedish massage but I didn't tell him anything about it. Last night I told him we had to go somewhere but that it was a surprise so I would drive. The Spa happens to be in the mall so there were a million reasons Steven could think of for us being at the mall. As we walked past the Spa I turned and reached out to grab the door but he kinda kept walking a little until he realized I had stopped. Then he goes "We're going to the Spa?!" That's when I told him I had booked us a massage and he then proceded to wear the surprised face. Steven can only pull off acting surprised if he's REALLY surprised, his eyes get all big like a kid on Christmas morning who has just seen presents spilling out into the living room and his jaw drops open and then his face freezes there for about a minute. It's quite hysterical actually!
We got all checked in and headed for the locker rooms to change. After that we went to sit in the "quiet room." That's when I gave Steven his instructions for the evening: "DO NOT TALK, just be quiet and relax." I think it's probably the most difficult thing he ever had to do, but he needed to do it!
Our massages were... AMAZING!! I decided that if I ever have money I will so go to the spa for a massage at least once a month! Steven got done a few minutes before me and so he went out to tip the girls (I had already paid beforehand) and apparently enjoyed it immensly because he gave them a wonderful tip. He told me later in the car that he was so relaxed afterwards that he couldn't even get off the table, haha. He said he felt sorry for the poor girl though because since he has so so so many muscles, especially upper body, and they were all so tense that she was having to work like twice as hard to get them to relax. He talked about his massage the ENTIRE way home! He even at one point announced that he wanted a "Spa fund" so that we could go more often, haha. I think my little surprise worked wonders! Hopefully he'll stay destressed for a little while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment