No job prospects yet. Lots of resumes/portfolio links sent but no result yet. My mother in law asked a friend of theirs who is in the design business if he could help out in anyway. He suggested I sign up for Linkedin (which I've already done!) and that if I send him my resume/portfolio then he'll pass it along to as many people as he can! Awesome! So thankful that he is willing to help me out! Applied for unemployment benefits the other day, still trying to figure out how all of that is supposed to work.
Steven and I went to Lynchburg this past weekend for Jess' graduation! We had such fun! Ben Stein was the commencement speaker and he did a great job, we thoroughly enjoyed listening to him speak. Stupid me forgot to bring sunscreen so I ended up with burnt shoulders by the time graduation was over. Oh well, I won't make that mistake again! Pictures to come later.
Hopefully this weekend we'll get a chance to go with the Volker's out to the lake and take the sailboat out for the first time this spring/summer! Can't wait!
I get to watch my niece again soon! That is probably the only nice thing about not having a job. I get to periodically play with Holly during the afternoons so Liz can get work done. So much fun! Steven got to play with her some this weekend. He is so funny with her! At first he's all cautious and then he just starts to have a ball! Too cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment