Let me start with the first major piece of news. I was working for a non-profit, yes "was," which meant that everyone's salary depended on donations. Well, since people are so freaked out (and for absolutely no reason in my opinion) there has been a serious lack in donations. As a result they could not afford to pay my salary any more. Therefor, I am without a job. I have been looking everyday all month long but apparently there is a slump in hiring as well. I've decided to take this opportunity to really bump up my Etsy shop so any help in advertising would be much appreciated! I'm considering possibly looking into freelancing but the thought kind of scares me. It keeps looking more and more like that is what I am supposed to do though hopefully God shows me how do it!
Steven has been great through everything! When things like this happen I tend to be real hard on myself and have a slightly negative attitude but Steven has really changed that! All I've heard from him are positive comments and encouragement which has been awesome.
We are starting to see that God has some plan going on here. At the beginning of March Steven was promoted to full time at work, a full three or four months before he was technically supposed to be. It really didn't change anything except that he was offered benefits. At the time we didn't need them because we had health insurance and such through my work. He was eligible to apply for benefits the same day that I was let go. That was no coincidence! Had he not been promoted early we would be without health insurance right now. God certainly has something going on and I hope that we will see it soon but until then we're just going to have to trust Him!
My baby brother's birthday was yesterday, he turned 17! I can't believe he is getting so old... mainly because it means that I am getting really old!! My dad is having surgery at the end of the month, nothing major but please pray that everything goes well and that he recovers quickly (for my mom's sake!)
Jess is graduating in a few weeks!!!! Hooray!! We are going up to Liberty to see her graduation. It'll be the first time I been back to campus since I graduated. Hopefully it's not to weird for me!
Steven is trying to get back into the school scene. He has to have a bachelor's degree in order to attend officer's school in the future. So he's trying to get some clep tests and classes scheduled to get as much finished as possible before the end of this year. After that we are talking about him joining the Special Forces. He's wanted to join so badly for so long and I never would let him. Then I got to wondering why I wasn't letting him and I really didn't have a good reason so I started researching the Special Forces, as did he. After that I really didn't have a reason at all to keep him from joining (except for maybe the crazy long training). We're still praying about it and everything but it's looking more and more like this time next year Steven will be in training for the Special Forces. But more on that later because this post is getting crazy long!
1 comment:
Tyler is 17!?!?! Holy cow, we are getting old! Praying your job situation works out. We all need to get together soon.. you need to meet my baby boy!
Love you!
Post a Comment