29 December 2008

Steven and I had a wonderful first Christmas together. I think the highlight of the season was the television that I bought him as a gift. He could not wait to set it up! We went to several parties and spent some time with the Volkers. It was a very different Christmas for me but an enjoyable one none the less. 

The only day Steven had off from work was Christmas day but I had Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas off from work as well. So I spent those days cleaning and organizing the apartment and finished writing thank you cards for all the wedding gifts. I had a productive yet relaxing and fun vacation from work! 

Due to my efforts the apartment is almost finished! I hung 90% of the frames I had collected for my collage over the couch. One requires a bit of work and a power drill so it's Steven's job to hang! The living room looks so much more like home with pictures all over the wall! I hope to get my artwork from my parent's house soon so that I can hang some of it in our bedroom. We have an artwork poster for over the table that Steven has to hang as well, it's too big for me to handle. 

We "finished" our Target and Crate and Barrel registries this weekend. And by finished I mean we went through what hadn't been bought and then we purchased only what we thought we needed. We are going to wait a little while on the things that were just on the registry for fun. We also bought some of the things off the Belk registry. But the salesman informed us of a bridal completion sale at the end of January where everything on our registry will be 20% off. It was a no brainer to wait on most of that stuff. So he's got a list of what we still need and he is going to have it all gathered in the store, reserved just for us, for that particular sale. Awesome! 

No comments: