03 May 2010

Weekend in revue

Well this weekend was quite exciting. Friday night I came home to a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l bouquet of flowers, since it was birthday and all. That husband of mine really knows how to put together a stunning bouquet! After putting on a pretty dress we went downtown for dinner at Bogart's. There was a live jazz band playing and the atmosphere there was just wonderful, definitely going to be added to the list of favorite places. Perfect birthday date!

It was also drill weekend, which means that I got all the cleaning/grocery shopping/organizing done, yay! This month at drill they had to do a PT (physical training) test. As you know Steven has been going to the gym with Dwight about four times a week, give or take, for the past several months. He ended up scoring the highest he ever has! The test is out of 300 and he scored 290 something, I can't remember the exact number. He had the second highest score in the entire unit (a few hundred people?) and he was the highest scoring enlisted member. I am so so so proud of him, and he is absolutely thrilled! As a result he got noticed by someone pretty high up in the food chain and they are now going to try (emphasis on the "try,"... I'll believe it when I see it) to get him promoted to Sergeant before the drill in June! We're trying not to get our hopes up, cause the Army can make a lot of empty promises, but we are definitely going to be praying really hard for this. If anyone deserves a promotion, Steven most certainly does, he works so terribly hard! So proud of my man!

No comments: