13 November 2009

We leave for our vacation tomorrow!! Going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge with a side trip to the Biltmore Estate for our one year Anniversary. We are so excited and can't wait. Planning to go to Dollywood (yes you heard me right we are indeed going to Dollywood, I know, I am from the South), doing lots of hiking and of course shopping, and the Ripley's Aquarium/other attractions. Oh yeah, and did I mention there's an outlet mall? Well we are going to that too!

Motorcycle update:
We still have not heard from the total loss claims adjuster so we do not know exactly how much we will get for the bike. But we are claiming it as a total loss, we are not going to try and repair it. Steven (and the mechanics) did not feel it would safe to ride, that something might go wrong at any time. As much as Steven wants another bike he has decided to hold off for a few years. Reason being because while he is in Special Forces training (which he plans on starting next year) there are times when he gets to come every night. He felt like it would be wiser, easier, and safer if we were to buy a car now and wait on the motorcycle till after he is done with training, we move, and I get my house. So our plan is to take the money from the Motorcycle, and a little from our savings to purchase a low-milage used car for him to drive. The goal is to not have to pull out a loan of any sort. We have started car searching but won't get real serious about it until we hear how much the bike is worth from the total loss guy and we have an actual concrete budget in place. So that's the update!

See yall in a week!

1 comment:

Steven & Kimberly said...

have fun on your anniversary trip!!! take lots of pictures :-) Hey, my car is always still available, haha. Just kidding... I mean, it is -but have fun car searching :-)Steven and I cannot wait to be able to start car searching... we so miss having a car!