Okay I meant to update everyone on this last week when it happened but hopefully you'll understand why I failed to do so.
Monday morning I got a call from Steven letting me know he'd been in an accident on his motorcycle. Now before I move on HE IS OKAY!! Praise the Lord! Thanks to all the safety classes he took prior to purchasing the bike he knew exactly how to handle the situation properly. Trust me, the accident could have been MUCH worse.
Here's what happened: Steven and, we'll just call him "man with a stupid sign," both turned onto the same road one right after the other. "Man with a stupid sign" went first and then Steven went after him. Now they were turning onto Lynn road which is two lanes in both directions. Steven got into the left hand lane, "man with a stupid sign" got into the right hand lane. Not too far down the road "man with a stupid sign" decided that he didn't want to be going that direction anymore he wanted to go the opposite direction. So instead of turning onto a side street and then pulling back out going in the proper direction like any sane person would do he decided that pulling a u-turn in the middle of a four lane road with cars all around was a good idea! Needless to say it put Steven in a position where he could either hit the car smack dab in the side or lay the bike down and avoid hitting the guy altogether. So of course he did the later, which is why he walked away unscathed. He was sore for a few days and had a little "road burn" on his hip but surprisingly just fine! To top it all off the guy drove off and the police man gave Steven a hard time but I'm convienced the whole thing could have been worse. I mean, had he been in a car... well, you can figure it out!
The motorcycle however is not so fine, it's been at the Harley Davidson shop since last Monday and probably will have to remain there through at least the end of next week. We haven't heard the detailed diagnosis yet. But better the bike than my man!
All I can say is THANK GOD we are leaving for vacation on Saturday, we need it after the month we've had!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment