06 November 2009

Alright, alright I promised an update!

My artwork did not win anything at the fair but that's okay! I enjoy just simply being shown. I'll try again next year.

Both of the weddings we attend were gorgeous and wonderful! I will post pictures later tonight once I am on the right computer. It was a whirlwind of weddings but we had a blast! Next is my cousin Stephanie on December 20, so excited!

Funny story from the Makely wedding: So a little background first, Officers and Enlisted men are not allowed to socialize with each other. You know what I'm talking about, heard of the Officer's club? Anyway, since it can be viewed as fratenization (I know I spelled it wrong) it's generally frowned upon. Okay, now to my story. We had assigned seats at the reception and so we were sitting with another Army family, good in theory right? Well turned out the guy was an officer. I have never seen Steven so uncomfortable in my ENTIRE life, it was HYSTERICAL!! I thought he was going to pee his pants, no lie. Luckily the Officer was really nice about the whole thing and kept telling Steven to breath, that he wasn't in trouble. He eventually calmed down and they talked for awhile but I got a kick out of it!

I have now seen three, count them, three cockroaches in the past three weeks. Three. THREE!!! After the first one I was on the phone with the front office to get on the exterminator's list. He just came today. THANK GOD!! I will kill most bugs but there are two that I just do not handle. And I mean, I won't even get close enough to put a cup over it. Cave crickets and cockroaches. Under NO circumstances will you EVER see me do anything other than scream and run as far away as I possible can whenever they show up. It drives Steven crazy.

The second cockroach made his appearance on a Sunday morning. I woke up to see him scurrying across the bed. Yes, the bed. He was crawling across the covers of my bed. So in typical Courtney fashion, I screamed... waking Steven up... who freaked out cause I was screaming... then realized why I screamed... and immediately went into "kill mode" throwing the cockroach aganist the wall. He later found it and killed, my hero! The third one showed up last night while I was getting ready for bed. I heard a noise and so after getting my glasses so that I could see realized that a cockroach was crawling out of the vent in the bathroom ceiling. By the time I finished freaking out he had turned around and crawled back in. But did that matter? Oh no, I went to get the kill spray and proceded to spray the vent until it started to form condensation. Not even kidding. Then I heard another noise coming from the ventalation system and realized that I've heard this noise several times before in the past, yup, they've been crawling around in there for a while and I've never known it cause I could never see them. Then he, the cockroach, starting making a serious racket so I think I sprayed enough fumes in there that he started dying. Way to go me!

Okay that's enough for now, I'll post more later!

2 comments:

silke said...

Hi Courtney,

we had the same problem once in the apartment. I bought a blue bottle of bayer home defense spray and that made the trick. i spraed it around every window, around the doo, the blacony and around the vents ( it smells bad at the beginning and makes u a little bit "High". so dont breath in).
That spray made the trick. I had the exterminator in, too. but he didnt really help. What kind of roaches are these? the big fat black ones?

Court said...

We'll certainly have to try that, thanks for the tip! I don't know why we're just now seeing them but we have some new people in the building so perhaps they are attracting them and then they decide to go exploring into our place too. Who knows! Oh, and these are the big ones... the one I saw the other day I swear had to the be the mother of all cockroaches!