14 October 2009

God is good! I logged onto the bank this morning to find that the checking accound had taken a significant, and unexpected, leap. Then I noticed that the monthly Army paycheck had gone through but was for an oddly large sum. My immediate thought was that someone had messed up and put a zero where it didn't belong. So then I logged onto AKO to check the statements... no one made a miskate! **Background info: when you enlist in the Army you receive an elistment bonus that varies in size according to different factors. Once you finish basic training you receive a set amount and then anything over that amount you receive in yearly installments.** Well, this would have been the first year for an installment but Steven and I both had forgotten about the whole thing. So it surprised us today! I assume that we got the installment in October since he signed his contract in October. But it was a WONDERFUL surprise!! I called to tell him right away and he couldn't believe it. We'll have to have an emergency budget meeting tonight to decide how we want to divey it up b/c it DOUBLES our income for this month. It is truely amazing how when you're faithful, in even just a few things, God will reward you when you least expect it. We are so thankful for the unexpected bonus payout! God is amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Owen and I found your picture at the fair today! It looks REALLY good, Courtney!! I can't wait to show James when we go back on Saturday :)