I don't think we sat down at all last weekend! I am so tired right now, but we had a TON of fun!
It started with a houswarming party for Katherine and Eric. Kristin went with us and we had a ball! Their house is so cute, and there were sausage balls so I was in heaven. Then Steven and I went to help Brittany and Brian move in/unpack. Steven and Brian organized movies and "fixed" the satellite while Brittany and I unpacked the ENTIRE kitchen and started washing/organizing everything. Now who do you think was actually working? Afterwards we went to dinner with them and had an amazing time!
Sunday wasn't any slower either. Between church, lunch with the Volkers, shopping/errand running, laundry, and small group we were exhausted! I found the most perfect fall placemats/napkins which Steven let me get. I'm so excited about them... perhaps I will take a picture of our beautiful fall table and post it here! We also had to make a pit stop at the Apple store. You'd think it would be me wanting to go in but it was actually Steven. He wanted to know how much my new computer is going to cost us when we actually do get to buy it (hopefully before the end of the year).
Funny story from the weekend though (and Steven is NEVER going to let anyone forget this)! He got up early Saturday to help Brian do some of the heavy moving. When they got to the house there was a priest there to bless the new house. I wasn't there so I'm not exactly sure what goes on during a blessing but apparently it involved sprinkling Holy water around and through the house. Steven was waiting patiently for the priest to finish and at one point thought he was going to be in the priest's way. So he stepped a little to the side, to which the priest responded by telling Steven that it was only water and proceded to douse my husband in Holy water. I think I've had to hear this story about ten times already, although I have to admit it's pretty funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is too funny!
When you go get your computer, ask for the student discount. As long as you still have your ID from college (or if Steven has one) it should allow you to get a pretty good discount. You can also ask for Joey Brown to help you. He can hook you up.
We actually get a military discount which ends up being more but thanks for the tip! I appreciate it!
Post a Comment