02 December 2008

We're home!! 

We had such a wonderful time at our wedding! It was beautiful and everything that I wanted, I just wish it didn't have to fly by so quickly! It was really fun getting to see everyone. I teared up during the ceremony but thanks to Pastor Horner who planned ahead and had a tissue in hand ready for me! I can't believe that we didn't run into any major problems, it all went so smoothly. The wedding pictures arn't finished yet but I got to see some of the pictures that friends took. I will post some pics whenever I get them from the photographer! Pa, Steven's grandfather, taped the whole thing so hopefully he will send us a copy so that we can watch everything. I am so glad that he brought his video camera! 

Our honeymoon was amazing! We flew down to Disney World and had a wonderful time (as if it is actually possible to have a bad time at Disney World!) Here are a few highlights from our trip:
  • We received "Just Married" buttons upon arrival. We wore them all week which got us noticed by quite a few people and we received a lot of attention, and many congratulations. But more specifically it got us noticed by a staff member in the Magic Kingdom who asked us to be the Grand Marshals of that afternoon's parade! That was sooo much fun! We got to ride in the coolest car and have our names announced over the loud speakers as we drove by. Way super cool!! 
  • We went to go see Cirque du Soleil one night. Words cannot describe how amazing that show actually is. Yes, it's expensive, but way worth the money. If anyone ever gets a chance to see it ... GO! Even though it is called a Circus, it is so much more than that ... I would even venture to call it art ... it was that good!
  • This could go on forever, the whole week was just wonderful!
I did get sick though, but it was the last night and on the way home. It wasn't a fun way to end it but at least it held off until the end and didn't ruin our trip. Poor Steven has had to take of me but he's doing a great job. I woke up in the middle of Saturday night throwing up ... which he had to clean up but he was a good sport about it and even helped me brush my teeth and carried me back to bed. Sunday I felt better but on the flight home as we were landing my ear started hurting extremely bad. I couldn't get my ear to pop but eventually it did and the pain went away so I thought nothing of it. But after we went to bed that night the pain came back worse and wouldn't go away. I was in tears it hurt so bad. He packed me up in the car and off the emergency room we went. We spent three hours there but they never called anyone back so we decided to leave and he took me to my regular doctor yesterday. Turns out I had an ear infection the whole time, so now I have medicine and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. 

As soon as I get the pictures from our trip off of my camera and onto my computer I will post a few.

We are going to get our first Christmas tree tonight after work! Thanks to my parents we actually have ornaments to decorate it with! They bought us quite a few and they also got us a nativity which I was really happy about. Hopefully we can find a small tree and a stand tonight so that we can decorate for Christmas! I'm so excited, I love Christmas!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! So glad you're home. We had a blast at your wedding. And you looked GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see all the pictures. Love you girl.

LH