10 November 2008

BIG weekend!! 

Saturday was spent running errands while Steven was at work and then all my begging and pleading finally paid off! Steven called after work and said "let's go piano shopping." I was super stoked and couldn't believe that he was willing to go look at pianos. We got to the store and turns out they were having a sale, lucky me! Since we live in an apartment we have to have a keyboard ... and anyone who knows me knows that I am a purist when it comes to pianos and genuinely loath keyboards ... which basically means that I have to have a very expensive, as close as you can get to looking, feeling, and sounding like a real piano ... digital piano (notice the term was not "keyboard"). Anyway, so I played on the basic digital pianos and just wasn't to happy with them so we moved up to the base model of the top of the line digital pianos. LOVED it! It was no real piano, but it was the best digital sound that I've heard. AND it has hundreds of songs on it that Steven can play along with, so we BOTH can use it! AMAZING! I totally wasn't expecting Steven to let me get anything but he did!! It's coming tomorrow and I totally can't wait! It's the first piano that's ever belonged to me personally!! I'm so excited that he could get me nothing for Christmas and I wouldn't care! 

As if that wasn't enough for my weekend, my bridal portraits were on Sunday. I went to have my hair done and the girl did a wonderful job but oddly the curl fell out of my hair after about an hour. I don't know why it happened but it did. But my sister saved the day, she re-curled it and put some of her products in it and it managed to stay in through the portraits. Yay for sisters!! We took my portraits in both downtown Wake Forest and at the Seminary. It was soo much fun! I can't wait to look at them!  

3 comments:

Steven & Kimberly said...

hey! i love reading your posts!

did you wash your hair the day of? because that will make your curls fall out easier....dirtier hair curls and keeps curls easier...aka, spray tons of hair spray in your hair before...but, i'm sure you know that already :-) were you able to get your makeup done by anyone?


i can't wait till your party on saturday! yay!!!!

Court said...

I did wash it so maybe that was the problem. But then again I can curl my hair myself after washing it and it be fine all day. I don't what the problem was! I just did my own make-up. I didn't do a half bad job and it actually lasted without creasing until I went to bed! I was excited about that, hopefully I've figured out the trick.

I can't wait either!

Steven & Kimberly said...

haha, you're so cute... yeah, i can wash my hair and curl it w/ no problem...but i have found that it curls even better if i wash it the night before and then style it the next day. Oh well, i bet you looked beautiful! I bet your makeup looked great too! if you want some help the day of or whenever, just let me know..i love playing w/ makeup!